The quality of any ship management service is directly proportional with the competence of its crews, which is why we place great emphasis on seafarer recruitment, selection and development.
Our in house crewing department allows us to maintain close relations with our seafarers, enabling us to manage the manning process as efficiently as possible and to achieve a very high retention rate, which today is a vital element of quality crew management.
We maintain a pool of approximately 500 highly motivated crew with specialized qualifications and expertise. All our crew members undergo constant training in our modern in-house training facility so that crew skills and knowledge are maintained in line with the changing legislation and industry demands.
Histria Shipmanagement promotes a culture of safety, health and environmental awareness, by being in compliance with local and international regulations.
Safety on board is our ultimate objective and in order to safeguard our crew and minimize the impact of our business on the environment, our daily operational aim is zero accidents, zero incidents and zero pollution. We are dedicated to providing services of the highest quality to our customers, and our company is certified by ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Our crew management services include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing, recruitment, deployment, scheduling, and regular training and development of seafarers
- Ensuring that the ships have STCW certified crew, which are complying with the conventions and requirements of the flag states
- Keeping the matrix up to date and ensuring that the officers that are planned to join the vessels are complying with the matrix requested by the charterers
- Logistics, administrative and travel services
- Budget management
- Providing necessary information on employment issues